Alimentarité des tapis modulaires Scanbelt
Standard Materials for modular plastic conveyor belts
All belts from ScanBelt are naturally available in the traditional materials; Polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP) and Polyacetal (POM). All standard materials are FDA approved for direct food contact.
- Polyethylene can handle operational temperatures down to ÷73° C and is thus suitable for installations in cold areas. It will also be ideal for applications that require a flexible belt material with superior impact strength.
- Polypropylene can handle operational temperatures up to 100° C. It is a harder material with a good pulling force. It is suitable for installations in high range temperature areas as well as boilers and dryers to a certain degree. It has excellent chemical resistance towards aggressive cleaning chemicals etc.
- Polyacetal is a strong all-round material with a working temperature from ÷43° to +95°. This material has great pulling force and a hard surface, which gives a reduced friction to both the support and the product. It is sensitive to blows or knocks due to low impact strength. Suitable for bottling and canning industry. Should be used with caution in installations that use cleaning agents containing acid and/or chlorine.
Special Materials for modular plastic conveyor belts
In order to solve tasks out of the ordinary, we are able to deliver a variety of special materials as well as additives.
- High Temperature Areas
For cookers, steamers and air dryers etc. it will be an advantage to use a temperature stabilised polypropylene material that is not affected by a constant high temperature. For blanchers and pasteurizers etc., where the belt’s thermal expansion may be an issue, we supply belts in COMPOSITE MATERIAL. This reduces the thermal expansion coefficient by approx. 75% from normal polypropylene. It furthermore has an excellent chemical resistance and will help dissipate static charges that might build up in certain applications. For more general applications in high temperature areas, we recommend various nylon types with a range of up to +150°. This will give a great combination of pulling force and high impact strength.
- Reinforced Materials
In areas with distinct necessity for added pulling force, we can supply either fibre or mineral reinforced materials. These will significantly improve the pulling force, but at the same time lower the impact strength.
- Electrical Conductivity
Most materials can be delivered either as electrically conductive or antistatic. The electrical conductivity can be varied to suit your requirements.
- Non-stick : There is often a need for ”non-stick” effect particularly for free-zing applications, where it is necessary to avoid the products sticking to the belt surface. For this purpose we deliver polyethylene in a non-stick version.
- Detectable Polypropylene : The material is highly relevant in food applications where there is a risk of contamination. The compound is designed to be detected by metal detectors and X-ray machines. Sensibility degrees may vary with customer’s equipment. The material com- plies with FDA regulations for use in food processing and packaging.
- Flame Retardant Materials : For use in fire hazardous areas, we can supply V-0 rated materials that will not sustain a flame or burn actively. The material is FDA approved for direct food contact.